- Third-party certification is key to our sustainability strategy.
- Our target is to have 100% of our yearly harvest volumes 100% certified with a Global Seafood Sustainability Initiative (GSSI)-recognised standard: the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC), Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) or GlobalGAP.
- GSSI works in close partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), and its member states, since its inception to operationalise and champion internationally agreed guidelines and instruments in the seafood sector. It is therefore a recognised body that has developed a global benchmark tool to provide a formal recognition of seafood certification schemes that successfully complete a rigorous and transparent benchmark process, underpinned by the FAO Guidelines.
- Mowi follows a similar approach in relation to food safety standards, also adhering to GSFI recognised standards.
- 100% of harvest volumes sustainably certified by a GSSI-recognised standard
- 100% of farming sites with minimum benthic impact (as defined per national regulations)
- 100% of yearly harvest volumes certified by a GSSI-recognised standard
- % of sites with minimum benthic impact