Mowi’s Salmon Wagon set for second summer tour of Scotland to raise vital funds for communities
After the success of 2022, when Mowi’s Salmon Wagon raised thousands of pounds in vital funds for charities and local causes by serving up delicious barbequed salmon at events across Scotland, the Salmon Wagon is hitting the road again!
This summer, the Salmon Wagon is set to attend ten major events from Rosyth to Kyle of Lochalsh – with stops at Achiltibuie, Appin, Benbecula, Isle of Harris, Isle of Skye, Kilchoan, Newtonmore and North Uist along the way. Arriving at events fully stocked and staffed by Mowi, 100% of proceeds from the sale of food from the charity food truck benefits local causes.
Announcing the ten fantastic causes set to benefit from having the wagon at their event in 2023, Jayne MacKay, Community Engagement Officer at Mowi Scotland, said:
“After the success of last year, we are excited to hit the road again to support another ten brilliant events, which are vital social occasions for our local communities. From village galas, agricultural shows and Highland games to festivals, women’s shinty finals and fundraisers for RNLI lifeboat stations, we can’t wait to show our support for these gatherings which forms a key part of Mowi’s commitment to help the communities we work in thrive.”
The ten charities selected by Mowi Scotland for 2023, which are drawn from as wide a range of charities and geographical areas as possible, are:
- Rosyth Children’s Gala, supporting EATS Rosyth
- Inverpolly Coigach Gathering, supporting Coigach Community Trust
- West Ardnamurchan Show and Sports
- South Harris Agricultural Show, supporting South Harris Agricultural Association
- North Uist Show, supporting North Uist Agricultural Association
- Benbecula Eilean Dorcha Festival, supporting the local community
- Skye Agricultural Show, supporting Portree & Bracadale Free Church and Skye Agricultural Show
- Appin Agricultural Show, supporting Argyll Beats Cardiovascular Disease
- Camanachd Women’s Finals Day, supporting Women’s Camanachd Association
- Kyle of Lochalsh Maritime Day, supporting RNLI Kyle of Lochalsh
The tour will kick off on Saturday 27th May at Rosyth and finish on Saturday 9th September at the Kyle of Lochalsh.