BBQ Application Form
Can we help?
Since 2011, the Mowi Canada West salmon barbeque has cooked up over $193,000 of support for local charities on Vancouver Island. We’re now looking forward to booking fundraising events for the 2020 season.
Mowi is accepting applications from February 1 through March 6, 2020 from groups located between the Comox Valley and Port Hardy. Application deadline is March 6th, 2020.
To qualify, the following criteria must be met by the applicant:
- Event is within the 2020 barbeque season – April 10 to September 13.
- Must be a registered charity, a society or a sporting association.
- 100% of proceeds must go toward the applicant.
- Event must serve at least 200 people and (ideally) be open to the public.
- A minimum of 3 applicant members must be on hand to assist with the BBQ from start to finish (including setup, collecting all monies, food service, clean up and tear down). Food Safe training is preferred.
- Must serve only fresh Mowi salmon.
- Applicant member to collect and manage all monetary donations.
- Event must not have other vendors selling or donating foods, particularly proteins (i.e.: hotdogs, pizza, etc.) that would compete with a salmon fundraiser. Exceptions may be made for larger events (400+) that require multiple food vendors.
- Additional foods or drinks (water, soda, side salads, etc.) are the responsibility of applicant and must be agreed to by Mowi Canada West.
Mowi will be pleased to provide the following:
- Salmon barbeque trailer (including transportation and oversight of the setup and tear down).
- Salmon (including cutting and marinating).
- A MCW approved Chef or Food Safe trained individual to manage the preparation and cooking of Mowi’s standard salmon recipe.
- Ingredients to fully prepare delicious, healthy salmon meals, including all condiments.
- Serving supplies.
- Business information.
Applications will be accepted until March 6, 2020 and will be chosen based on the criteria above. We regret that, due to the overwhelming interest and time conflicts, Mowi will not be able to satisfy all requests. All applicants will receive a response by March 23, 2020. Please email any questions to: Chef Cori Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the application will be asked to provide contact information & event details including date, location, serving time, volunteer information, likely event attendance, etc.
Mowi’s specially designed salmon barbeque was built in 2010 to support local fundraising initiatives. The ‘grab and go’ trailer is inspected, approved and permitted by the Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) and includes:
- Large cast iron grills
- Two fridges
- Four sinks
- Built in storage cabinets
- 10 x 20 tent cover
- 35 gallons of heated water
- 30 square feet of prep area
- 45 square feet of serving space
- Power choice – wall or generator